I am...

I am a mom, an aspiring(wannabe) writer, a dance student, a software engineer, interested in everything organic and green and trying to balance all of this with an Arangetram that is coming up in August 2011!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Pilates.

I like my pilates classes every Tuesday @ the Y. I guess I'll have a break when I go to India for a month but I plan to start as soon as I am back. One thing that is totally different between Pilates and Yoga is the spine stretch. When you stretch and touch your toes while doing yoga, the spine is supposed to be straight. If that means, you can only lean say a few degrees towards your feet, then so be it. But in pilates, you make a C curve in your lower abdomen and spine (since the idea is to exercise your core muscles) when you touch your toes. I wish I had time to get back to yoga too. Oh well. One thing at a time.

Affirmation: My posture is straight and reflects my confidence when I dance. Remember angasudham.

No comments:

Post a Comment