I am...

I am a mom, an aspiring(wannabe) writer, a dance student, a software engineer, interested in everything organic and green and trying to balance all of this with an Arangetram that is coming up in August 2011!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

3 days to go.

Got my costume re-altered from Fashion Fit Alterations.

Practiced with orchestra from India twice so far! K took care of the food, coffee/tea and logistics! The first time was a great experience -- for the first time, with the mirudangam and the rest of the orchestra accompanying me, I could emote enough to actually cry during the Andaal thirupaavai. The second day practice was decent -- I made some mistakes in the padam, had some trouble picking up the arudhi in my Varnam according to beat...today my teacher and I have to drive to Louisville for our practice. One more practice on Friday and then D day!

Affirmation -- It all gets better with live orchestra, trust yourself as a dancer and the orchestra to support you in every way they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment