I am...

I am a mom, an aspiring(wannabe) writer, a dance student, a software engineer, interested in everything organic and green and trying to balance all of this with an Arangetram that is coming up in August 2011!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Low point.

Last Saturday, my teacher said she was very disappointed with my arangetram practice. She said I was not in the zone yet and I needed to practice regularly. She said perhaps I need to get out of the house to not get distracted. She seemed quite upset. I had a mental block that my choreography was not yet complete. My padam (part of which I know), my keerthana and mangalam were left. Also, we needed to stitch the varnam music together.

I kept an alarm for 7.30 AM, my sis-in-law gave me hot tea and I practiced for an hour. It felt good :) So, plan to do that regularly and slowly up the practice to a couple of hours.

My photo shoot is complete! Waiting for the photos. Then, I'll have to design my brochure. K needs to arrange the food. I have a yes from a photographer and a videographer each of which will be less than $500, which is good.

I don't have a rehearsal date at the hall. Apparently, I need to pay another $500 to book the hall for a rehearsal.

For now, focusing on the items with choreo complete -- Pushpanjali, Muralidhara kavuthuvam, Ananda narthana Ganapathy, Thillana and Varnam.

Affirmation -- I will practice every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment