I am...

I am a mom, an aspiring(wannabe) writer, a dance student, a software engineer, interested in everything organic and green and trying to balance all of this with an Arangetram that is coming up in August 2011!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Updates!

I got my edited Varnam song from my teacher 2 weeks back -- Yay! When I got my edited Varnam music, I felt like things were falling into place and I could really do this :) Other updates -- learnt the Andaal thirupaavai (Andru ivvulagam alandaai) from my teacher's friend who also happens to be a great teacher himself! Am very excited about the Andaal piece makeup -- the long flower garland that I can wear and the kondai! I am still learning the Padam (Maadu mekkum kanne) from my teacher -- should be done soon.

We are now focusing on the nitty-gritty details since the choreo is mainly done and I have the jathis memorized for the most part. Yesterday's class was a pretty long class -- 3hrs 45 mins. My teacher said henceforth classes will be this long (need to remind myself to eat well and carry snacks/coconut water to class). It takes a lot of patience to train a student for an arangetram!

And, my photo shoot photos are here (worth the 6 hours that went into it)! Here's a glimpse:


Have to take an appointment with the tailor so my teacher and I can tell him how to fix the fan of my costume (the fan kept coming off during the photo shoot!) and then brochure design is next! It seems I have to pay $500 to rent the hall for my rehearsal which makes it a $1000 in all for the hall (not as inexpensive as I assumed it would be but not bad either).

Affirmation: I will practise an hour everyday at least so my stamina keeps getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment